Past performances by the Marian Anderson String Quartet from the 2013-2014 season.
October 17, 2013
Interview and performance by the Marian Anderson String Quartet at Brown University, Center for the Study of Slavery and Justice as part of the
Emancipation Proclamation Celebration in Providence, Rhode Island.
Great time was had by all. 400 people were in attendance. Here is a link to the newspaper article. Here is a link to the recording of the interview and performance via Brown University’s YouTube page. Link to the Photo Gallery.
Chamber Music America Conference
January 16, 2014
New York, New York
11:45 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Pre-Conference Presentation: The Place Where You Live – Building Authentic Residencies
Westin Time Square, New York, NY
Wooster Chamber Music Series
January 18-19, 2014
Masterclass: Saturday, January 18, 2014 1:00 p.m.; Wooster College; Gault Recital Hall
Performance: Sunday, January 19, 2014 3:00 p.m.; Wooster College; Gault Recital Hall
The Marian Anderson String Quartet in residence at the University of Chattanooga
February 20-22, 2014
Outreach Performances and Master-Classes at:
- Orchard Knob School, Thursday February 20, 10a.m. – 11 a.m.
- Center for Creative Arts High School auditorium, Thursday February 20,
1:00 – 3:00 p.m.
- Friday, February 21, 2014 7:30 p.m., Roland Hayes Concert Hall, UTC Fine Arts Center $5.00 admission. This concert is a part of the Southeastern Composers League Forum, 2014.
- Young Composer’s Workshop, Saturday, Feb. 22, 10:00 a.m., (location TBA).
The public is welcome to observe, and the event is free. (Also part of the Southeastern Composers League Forum.)
The Marian Anderson String Quartet with Ruby Hinds, mezzo-soprano in residence with Beaches Fine Arts Series, Inc.
February 23-24, 2014
- Sunday, February 23, 2014 4:00 p.m., St. Paul’s by the Sea Episcopal Church
1150 N Fifth Street, Jacksonville Beach, Florida, FREE
- Monday, February 24, 2014 St. Paul’s by the Sea Episcopal Church, 10:30 a.m., (with Ruby Hinds)
for 350-400 4th – 8th grade students on Monday, February 24, 2014
- St. John’s Cathedral, 4:30 p.m., (Marian Anderson String Quartet only)
for 50-75 students participating in the Don’t Miss a Beat, Bosselli Foundation and, Cathedral Arts Project programs on Monday, February 24, 2014.